Connect with us

Technology

OBMeet Unveils Ways To Boost Businesses Using Social Media

Published

on

OBMeet Unveils Ways To Boost Businesses Using Social Media-Crystal News

OBMeet, a cloud-based voice, video conference, and network video broadcasting solution, has announced innovative ways to scale up African and global businesses through the use of social media.

The Founder and Chief Executive Officer of OBMeet.Com, Emmanuel Gabriel, made this known in a statement issued in Abuja on Monday.

Gabriel explained that the app was designed with the goal of making communication, businesses, and collaboration cheap, accessible, and secure.

He noted that during its beta testing phase, OBMeet® continued to receive numerous positive reviews and had positioned itself in users minds as a product that would set a new tangent for the voice and video conferencing industry.

According to him, the platform will organise a conference on July 15 to help impact knowledge on how to use social media to boost businesses.

“The conference will discuss ‘innovative ways to scale your business through social media: opportunities, issues, and insights.

“We have invited various experts from different and relevant fields as guest speakers”.

The founder however encouraged interested people to register and join the virtual conference via:  https://webinar.obmeet.com/obmeet/event/innovative_ways_to_scale_your_business/attendee/.

Gabriel, a Nigerian scientist based in Europe, also explained that the platform was designed, own and run by African innovators in the continent and Diaspora.

He said obmeet.com is already providing audio and visual conferencing services, including live seminars, webinars, television, radio, and social media streaming to its growing users.

The founder stated that the dream of the team was to provide seamless, efficient, secured, and most cost-effective services to the world.

He expressed optimism that obmeet.com would play a great role in promoting and supporting Nigeria’s policies to lead the global digital economy.

60 / 100

Technology

Intel CEO To Compete Against Apple

Published

on

Intel CEO To Compete Against Apple

Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger hasn’t given up on the idea of the Mac once again using Intel chips, but he acknowledges it will probably be years before he gets that chance.

  • In the meantime, he is focused on powering Windows machines that give Apple CEO Tim Cook a run for his money.

Why it matters: In getting pushed out of the Mac, Intel not only lost a customer but picked up a new rival.

The big picture: Intel has had a tough enough time keeping up with smaller rival AMD in recent years. With Apple as a competitor, Intel now has to compete against a chip design that has proved itself both powerful and power efficient.

Catch-up quick: Apple, which has been using Intel chips to power the Mac since 2005, is in the midst of shifting its entire computer line to run on Apple-designed processors similar to the ones used for the iPhone and iPad.

What they’re saying: Gelsinger, who returned to Intel as CEO earlier this year, doesn’t fault the Mac maker for its decision.

  • “Apple decided they could do a better chip themselves than we could,” Gelsinger said during an interview for “Axios on HBO.”

 

  • “And, you know, they did a pretty good job. So what I have to do is create a better chip than they can do themselves. I would hope to win back this piece of their business, as well as many other pieces of business, over time.”

Yes, but: Gelsinger knows that another chance, if it ever comes, is years off.

  • “In the meantime, I gotta make sure that our products are better than theirs, that my ecosystem is more open and vibrant than theirs, and we create more compelling reason for developers and users to land on Intel-based products,” Gelsinger said. “So I’m gonna fight hard to win Tim’s business in this area.”
  • Gelsinger pointed to the work Intel is doing with Microsoft to bring Android apps to Windows 11 as an example of one of the ways it is trying to make the PC more attractive.

Between the lines: Another option, which could be easier than convincing Apple to abandon its own chip designs, is to convince the company to use Intel’s manufacturing. Thus far, Apple has used Samsung and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. to produce its processors.

  • Gelsinger notes that Amazon, Qualcomm and the Department of Defense are already signed up to have Intel manufacture some of their chips.

 

  • “Those aren’t bad brands,” Gelsinger told me. “So I’m pretty pleased with the progress that we’re making there. And I’d hope to add a few more brands to that list that, you know, might include them [Apple].”

66 / 100
Continue Reading

Technology

TECNO To Launch Android 12 On HiOS 8.5 For CAMON 17 And PHANTOM X

Published

on

TECNO To Launch Android 12 On HiOS 8.5 For CAMON 17 And PHANTOM X

With the public release of the much anticipated Android 12, the TECNO CAMON 17 will be amongst the first few phones to deploy the major update.

The update will overhaul a number of major aspects, including software infrastructure, security and privacy, connectivity, user experience, gaming and more.

Android 12 will be deployed on TECNO’s upcoming HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X, which millions of users will enjoy shortly.

Stephen Ha, general manager of TECNO said: “ TECNO has always been committed to providing users in emerging markets with cutting-edge technologies synchronized with industry trends and continuously optimizing the experience of using our devices. We are excited about Android 12’s updates, which bring a more convenient and personalized experience to consumers ranging from a newUI design to comprehensive security and privacy protection upgrades.”

TECNO CAMON 17 has enjoyed high consumer demand ever since its inception. It is the digital generation’s choice of phone for taking selfies, thanks to its  48MP selfie camera  capturing the beautiful details with an added professional finish.  The embedded AI technology can elevate selfie through accurate algorithms which can identify features based on gender and adjust the environment light to make the user front and centre of the shot.

TECNO To Launch Android 12 On HiOS 8.5 For CAMON 17 And PHANTOM X

The wide selection of user-friendly tools help users personalize the images they want to portray.  Armed with a 5000mAh battery, 6GB+128GB of memory storage, 90Hz high refreshing rate at 6.6 inch FHD Screen, CAMON 17 is a dependable companion of many across the world, and the Android 12 update will definitely be a welcome addition.

The customized HiOS8.5 will be launched simultaneously on CAMON 17 with the update of Android 12.By the end of this year, global users of CAMON 17 will all receive a push on the Android 12 version upgrade.

Based on the new Android 12, HiOS 8.5 will  be redesigned to feel more responsive and intuitive for users, who will be able to experience more unified themes across apps and even devices. For example, widgets will appear more rounded and accessible in Android 12, so that users can retrieve information with ease.

Regards to privacy protection, HiOS is also further optimized. The Za-Hooc security concept, which integrates software and hardware, was newly launched last year and attracted a lot of attention among fans. Newly adapted clipboard notifications and approximate locations with Android are worth looking forward to.

Last but not the least, on HiOS8.5, functions related to game performance will be further optimized, and the barrage features and call rejections that have always been users’ attention will also continue to be optimized. All of these means HiOS 8.5 will be far more than expected.

80 / 100
Continue Reading

Technology

Facebook, Instagram And WhatsApp Currently Down

Published

on

Facebook, Instagram And WhatsApp Currently Down

WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook are currently down for many users in Nigeria and beyond.

The three apps – which are all owned by Facebook, and run on shared infrastructure – all completely stopped working shortly before 5 pm. Other products that are part of the same family of apps, such as Facebook Workplace, also stopped working.

Visitors to the Facebook website simply saw an error page or a message that their browser could not connect. The WhatsApp and Instagram apps continued to work, but did not show new content, including any messages sent or received during the problems.

The outage is affecting every Facebook-owned platform, according to data on Downdetector and Twitter. This includes Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger. The outages appear to have started around 11:40 am ET/8:40 am PT and all of those services remain inaccessible.

Facebook, Instagram And WhatsApp Currently Down

The outages quickly started trending on Twitter as users flocked to the competing social network to check to see if other users were affected by the downtime. Humorously, the hashtag “#DeleteFacebook” is also trending on Twitter as the company battles continued pushback against the effects its platforms have on younger users.

As the New York Times reports that Facebook has already been dealing with plenty of scrutinies. The company has been under fire from a whistle-blower, Frances Haugen, a former Facebook product manager who amassed thousands of pages of internal research and has since distributed them to the news media, lawmakers and regulators. The documents revealed that Facebook knew of many harms that its services were causing.

While some Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp outages only affect certain geographic regions, the services are down worldwide today. This includes the United States, the UK, Brazil, Kuwait, Nigeria and more.

The outage is also affecting platforms and services that use Facebook login. Niantic, creator of Pokémon GO, says that it is “looking into reports of errors associated with Facebook login, and will update here once we have more information.”

Facebook’s internal Workplace site and associated services for employees are also suffering from an outage today, according to Jane Manchun Wong.

Facebook has not yet publicly commented on the ongoing outages affecting all of its services. We’ll be sure to update this story as we learn more. The issue appears to be related to some sort of DNS problem affecting Facebook servers.

WhatsApp statement

In a statement, WhatsApp acknowledges that its service is down, “We’re aware that some people are experiencing issues with WhatsApp at the moment. We’re working to get things back to normal and will send an update here as soon as possible”.

Facebook statement

Facebook’s Andy Stone, “We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience”.

67 / 100
Continue Reading

Trending News