Connect with us

News

NNPP Slams FCT Court Ruling in Leadership Dispute Appeal

Published

on

NNPP

NNPP leadership dispute appeal filed as party rejects FCT court ruling affirming Agbo Major, calling it a miscarriage of justice and vowing legal action

adron lemon friday

The New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) on Wednesday rejected a Federal Capital Territory High Court judgment affirming Dr. Agbo Major as the authentic leader of the party, announcing plans to challenge the decision at the Court of Appeal in what it described as a major legal setback in the ongoing NNPP leadership dispute appeal.

Also read: NNPP faction slams Kwankwaso, says he’s the “Betrayer”

The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Ladipo Johnson, issued a strongly worded statement in Abuja, describing the ruling as a “miscarriage of justice” and an “assault on democracy,” insisting that the judgment undermines established legal principles.

Johnson argued that the court had effectively ruled on a matter already before a higher court, describing the development as contrary to the doctrine of stare decisis and the principle of sub judice.

He further alleged that the case was initiated by expelled members of the party acting in concert with external interests, claiming it formed part of a wider attempt to destabilise opposition parties ahead of the 2027 general elections.

According to him, the NNPP leadership dispute appeal stems from what the party views as procedural irregularities, including claims that NNPP was not properly served court processes and that substituted service was allegedly effected at an unrecognised address.

Johnson maintained that the court’s handling of the matter raised serious concerns about procedural fairness, warning that such decisions could erode public confidence in the judiciary both locally and internationally.

Despite the ruling, the NNPP insisted it remained resolute, with Johnson assuring members and supporters that the party would not be discouraged by the outcome.

He said the legal team had already commenced steps to appeal the judgment, expressing confidence that the appellate court would overturn what the party considers a flawed decision and restore what it described as legal integrity.

Also read: Wike: PDP bites the bullet

Johnson added that attempts to destabilise the party would ultimately fail, stressing that NNPP remained committed to strengthening Nigeria’s democratic process.

65 / 100 SEO Score

News

Vanguard @ 40: Journalism is madness best unleashed in youth

Published

on

Vanguard

Former journalist recalls the friendships, newsroom battles and defining moments that shaped one of Nigeria’s most influential newspapers

(more…)

adron lemon friday

53 / 100 SEO Score
Continue Reading

News

The Sundiata Post Model (7): A Philosophical Triad and the Language of 21st-Century Journalism

Published

on

Sundiata

The seven-part framework proposes a knowledge-producing newsroom built around journalism, research, institutional memory and long-term stewardship

(more…)

adron lemon friday

51 / 100 SEO Score
Continue Reading

News

Wale Tinubu Pays Emotional Tribute to Herbert Wigwe at 60

Published

on

Wale Tinubu

The Oando chief executive reflects on the late Access Holdings boss’s ambition, deal-making ability and enduring friendship

(more…)

adron lemon friday

61 / 100 SEO Score
Continue Reading

Trending News